Thursday, March 15, 2007

 

Waterboard Champion

'Pretty much everything's okay, according to the Geneva Convention, if you use two layers of bubble wrap.'

I can't take credit for this wonderful quote, it's from 'Out of Context Quotes' which I highly reccomend, and which is linked in the sidebar for yucks.

So on NPR this morning, as part of the Balkanization of Amerika, I get to hear that that this guy is the Water Board Champion of Guantanamo Bay

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070315/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_terrorist_confession

No this is NOT the after picture, this is how he looks the REST of the time. O.K. that's beside the point...I am not happy to come from a country that indulges in such practices enough to have recorded who survived the treatment best.

I doubt this guy's confession very much. O.K. I already know I probably would do really really badly if anyone waterboarded me or otherwise messed with me like that. I'd probably sing like Caruso.
I mean really it seems to me there was some respect in how they approached the whole deal, saying he held the record. Maybe it's why this is being reported with some sort of excitement.

Feared Mass Migration Doesn't Migration

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2007/03/981c2d5b-44e7-49ee-9b99-693d80177116.html

Croat Investment in Iranian Shipyard

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-18/0Cr703157412200011.htm


Don't Forget the Garlic

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,23483,21379275-5006180,00.html

Comments:
I think he's making stuff up too, like the Gypsies used to have a designated guy who would get busted, he'd be called 'the King of the Gypsies' but he wasn't a king, his job was to be arrested for EVERYTHING and do time for it, so the rest of the Gypsies could go about their business relatively un-molested. I think it's a similar deal.
I did not remark on his appearance one way or another, everyone KNOWS this isn't the post-waterboarding picture!
It's in the interests of the High Sherriffs to make it look like they are actually accomplishing something, so they make a big story out of it.
 
Probably a good bit of it, not that any of this will impress him.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter