Saturday, March 24, 2007

 

Nerdly Toy

You probably have seen those see through flashlights you shake, that never need batteries. I have been intending to get one for some time, because you never know when you will be stuck in Vukojebinje in the dark with no working flashlight. I know, because of course that's happened to me a few times. I love things that don't need batteries. Actually another practical application is I like to read in bed, and don't want to have a higher electric bill or to have to buy batteries all the time. So this is good for that habit, because all you do to get it to work is shake it up and down. At first it didn't work, so since it is see through, I looked inside it and figured out what was 'On' and what was 'Off' and figured out that the thing had been taken apart and then put together in such a way that the switch could not make any contact, that was a fix even I could do, so I took it apart and when I put it together again, flipped the switch and it worked fine. I was well pleased, $1.00 well spent.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter