Wednesday, March 14, 2007

 

Junque 'Jewelry


Junque 'Jewelry
Originally uploaded by Yakima_gulag.

I do a certain amount of craft work, sometimes I buy what are called 'junque jars' and 'grab bags' and you can't expect that everything in a 'junque jar' or a grab bag is going to be perfection. Sometimes only one item in the jar is at all nice. This actually was a particularly GOOD junque jar! everything in it but these items was useable to make other nice things, or wearable as it came out of the jar. The items I photographed were the exceptions.
These items are very typical of middle class North American costume jewelry at it's total worst. I mean to say inartistic, unlovely, unflatering, and just plain nasty. I want to know who would wear such items? The neclace made me think of a tape-worm, except the tape-worm would be better designed at least. . .
One pair of earings made me think of insignia made for the crew of the Enterprise. That one of them had lost it's fake abalone was too bad, I might have worn those earrings for 'yucks' because they do look so Trekkie. I actually considered hanging on to them and fixing them up some way just because of that fact, but guess what? They are all going into a 'junque jar' near you! mwahahahahahahaa! Izvolite! :)!

Comments:
This may be junque jewelry, but it definitely is not junk jewelry. That honour belongs to a watch that cannot tell time yet sells for $205.
 
Mr. Trottier, that's some nasty stuff!

Thanks for your visit!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter