Sunday, March 18, 2007

 

The Day After

Stateless Man Commits Suicide in Bucharest Airport

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=138697&version=1&template_id=39&parent_id=21

This is a sad business.

What Jerusalem Post thinks of ICJ decision of 26 Feb 2007

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1173879106005&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Serbian Police Crack Down on Alleged Muslim Terrorist Group

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/03/17/europe/EU-GEN-Serbia-Terrorism.php

Tuxedo Debit Card, the card that won't need a bank

http://www.focus-fen.net/?id=n108155

This is a financial service some will really need.

Family ?Deported after 14 Year Fight

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkzNTcmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTcwOTYyMjYmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXky

Looks like the migration of bad sorts can go the other way too!

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=78064

On a personal note, last night was fun, I went out to the big peace action yesterday with my friend the editor of Jack Rabbit News, and he was nice enough to take me out for lunch, we both enjoyed ourselves, and I think at least 300 people showed up. Everyone wore at least one large article of white clothing except for one woman who went for the 'Žene u Crnom'look. Then I had my friend drop me at Berts, the Former Grant's Pub. It's located in this old apple warehouse, and there are many shops in there, including Ambrosia Beads. I have been there before looking for some relatively plain melon seed shaped beads to go with my turquoise heart necklace. I have never liked wearing it with a chain, it's too heavy for it to look balanced. Anyway for ONCE they had something close enough to what I wanted! And the price wasn't at all bad. So I bought 26 of them, you can always figure on one bead not having the right diameter, and that way I knew it would go most of the way around my neck. I pocketed my purchases and headed down to Bert's. The sad part is that Bert Grant himself has been gone awhile to his Maker. The music was canned but the food was good,many new items on the menu. I decided since they had a grilled prscut sandwich, to have it UNGRILLED, I HATE what grilling does to the delicate flavor of prscut! I asked for green onions. I said please have the componants separate, that part didn't happen but it was easy to remedy that. The waitress was very nice. I had rather a lot of beer, and a couple shots of whiskey for purposes of keeping my tooth from hurting. Owen I took your advice about how to do that, and it does help. If nothing else I figure it would keep the germs under some sort of control. I waited for a couple friends and we had a pitcher of Guiness together.There was another bar with a live band so we decamped. A lot of guys in there had green fezzes! If only they knew what an UN IRISH thing to wear that was! :) Ran into friends of mine, and friends of both my friends and generally had a great time sitting next to the 'Mafia table'. Then we went to a small bar closer to home, and had another pitcher of beer. I had a gas bubble and was trying to not drink too much. I pride myself on never having thrown up because I drank too much. I wasn't about to break that record. For the record, I managed that. I feel very good this morning, I seldom get hangovers. My friends dropped me home, after arrangeing to call me if they needed some kvas to recover. Kvas is good stuff for hangover. I have helped friends of mine who are less lucky than me with that stuff. I strung the necklace the way I wanted it, and it looks really good. I can wear it with a lot of stuff, or by itself for a more 'businesslike' look, and I think the purchase of those beads was a good one, the necklace is going to look good with a wider range of outfits, whether its my denim skirt and cowboy shirt combos or saris. I made it less fragile. I don't like totally fragile jewelry. I hate when stuff breaks for one thing, for another I want it to show up, and too fragile doesn't show up. The other thing is that now I have the necklace so that it could probably be left on going through a metal detector since I eliminated all ferrous metal componants. I had to improvise a bale that was from some wire that rusted. I have no rust now. It plain flat looks better. The sun is shining and it's a lovely day in the Yakima Gulag. I must go do some little chores about the house, and then wait for my friends to call, and later there is the usual action near the campus today, and of course I'm going.

Comments:
Glad you had nice time! Greetings from Sarajevo!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter