Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

Black Box #5

Well I got myself to the Black Box and it wasn't as crowded a room as last year, neither in terms of contestants or audience. Over all the contestants had really good poems, especially some guys I've never seen before, and one who has read before had a new poem that was really very good. Dustin, keep up the good work, you are getting better all the time. Ms. Gottlieb was excellent, and last year's Stephanie Gilmore did excellently. I did not know she never writes stuff down, after an incident of losing some work, also the nurse poet, she was wonderful.
I read one o f my poems, Graves, and it was decently recieved. Mr. Fuzie read some very entertaining poems between things, again he's good but this was better than last year. If you weren't there you missed out. Melanie read something rather nice too. I kind of let her know it was the best of the lot she brought. I'm glad she picked it to read.
Much to my joy, the poetry was actually poetry, not preachments, yes religion was involved, but it was done in the RIGHT way, which pleased me. I don't even feel bad about not making second round, the ones who did were totally deserving and the winner was too! Had the pleasure of meeting her parents and grandparent, so that was good too.
In short I feel like I got better than my $2.00 worth!
Since last year I had stomach trouble and had to leave early, I decided it would be best to not eat before the event, I got home hungry so I made some soup out of cabbage and jerky, sort of a soup for one type of thing only not out of a can. It's good and I feel better.
Trinity of Goth Barbie couldn't come, she has a relative who is very ill right now. I had a fairly busy day and I'm tired.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter