Sunday, December 31, 2006

 

Sretna Nova Godina!

This has been a rather awful year. I'm thankful to have gotten out of it alive, and that my loved ones have gotten out of it alive.

Before I get to the news, I think we all need a little fortification for the next year. Since the technology at hand doesn't allow me to pour those of you who partake a drink and I couldn't afford it if it did, even with this modest readership, your good taste would make it even LESS affordable, so in the spirit of the season, I will recommend the Capitol Steps. You can listen in before or after reading, or you can just do half before and half after, or do a full dose both times, whatever works for you. Their New Year's Eve programme was earlier than usual because Prairie Home Companion is on tonight. Given the icy state of streets around here, although I would LOVE to go to the New Year's Eve thing downtown, although there's nothing I'd like better, I can't drive and no one I know is likely to go either, so I have to miss the fireworks food and excitement of the celebration put out by the Ministry of Joy ooops City Hall. It actually will be good, those of you who CAN go oughta go. There's no drinking but you can always go to a nice restaraunt ahead of the event, or after the event, or for once wake up with a clear head. They have big heaters and stuff in case it's cold. I just don't like walking on ice or in rain if I don't have to, and I'm going to have to a lot in the new year, at least for as long as this lovely snow remains.
I have a love hate relationship with snow. I am grateful for God's bounty because I know how important snow is for us, but I hate walking in it.

Capitol Steps

http://www.capsteps.com/

Darker Side of Montenegro Boom

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1932062006

Report on safety of journalists

http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=20286



Law of unintended consequences again


http://www.jta.org/page_view_story.asp?strwebhead=Black%20Sea%20Jews%20plan%20for%20E.U.%20entry&intcategoryid=2&SearchOptimize=Jewish%20News



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter