Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

It's official,I now hate Skype...

I have just spent a fairly hellish morning with Skype, trying to get hold of my fiance, who is back in Sarajevo from visiting some relatives. I heard him just fine the first three tries, but he didn't hear me. O.K. that can happen with a purely landline call too. I don't like that under any circumstances. I tested the microphone and I know it works fine, so that's not the problem. He was perfectly audible to me, which was nice, but he could not even tell who I was. I had to go through nonsense with the password too. I after years on the internet suffer badly from password overload, and places to keep passwords overload. Skype doesn't easily let me change my password to something I might actually remember. The credit would have expired had I not used it, and I don't like that much either. It's possible to get phone cards with no expiration date whatever. I know it can be done, because I have done it. I only tried Skype on the advice of Ivan the Terrible,Minister of Information Technology for the Yakima Gulag. He's going to be hearing about the essential Balkans unfriendlieness of Skype Out. I tried a number of times too,J all I did was annoy my fiance, who probably thought I was a crank caller. So that's $10 right down the W.C. Jebiga bilo kako!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter