Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

The Day After Christmas



Bulgarians to pay 50 Euros to cross through Serbia

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=74564


Pyramid Update

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/26/bosnian_pyramids/

if you just want to skip the article and look at the film, well here it is:

Google Video of Pyramid Finds

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5163115220367330351

I still say it's probably an Ottoman Era arms dump


U.N. to End Kosovo Talks

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061226-095033-1877r


It snowed a little last night. I still have a little bit of the headache from yesterday. I need to take it a little easy today. I'm happy with what I got for Christmas, my daughter got me some nice thinsulate gloves, I got lots of candy,Cadbury, and other more Christmasy types of candy, home made from my daughter's mother in law, she makes wonderful candies. and a tiny ginger bread house that is a Christmas tree ornament but also edible, I think she gave everyone one of those, they are so CUTE! I got a quilt with pictures of various family members on it doing things that are fun, and my daughter is a dab hand on the singerica! The grandbabies liked their little toy camels, Dee liked the marble candle sticks, Steve seemed to like the books but the big postcard from the Shrine of the book I got him at the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit pleased him, We'd agreed to keep things simple for adult members of the family, it's the kids who like having lots of loot. Believe me the kids got LOTS of loot all around and were happy. I wasn't feeling wonderful because I slept poorly Christmas Eve. Mojo felt he needed to bark at passing reindeer or something. . . He got a big bone shaped chew toy, and lots of nice leftover ham and turkey. I know he liked it.
I think the kids will long remember getting to ring the bell Christmas Eve at St. Joes. I got a present from someone I haven't seen in ages, a parishner at St. Joes, known as Big John, he's an unusually big and tall man, 7 feet tall if he's an inch, and a gentle soul who likes making religious articles like rosaries, or doing Indian beadwork, he's given me many nice little things of this sort in the past and is a pleasure to talk with. He gave me a very nice rosary made out of wood, and a key chain thing that has a picture of St. Francis and also St. Claire of Assi. I have still a holy card of St. Patrick running the snakes out of Ireland he gave me. I put it in the door window. I put it there partly to keep religious propagandists of other religions from bothering me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter