Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Anniversary of Universal Declaration of Human Rights Marked in Yakima Gulag

The commemoration was a quiet candle light vigil and we did readings of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, then had coffee and cupcakes in the cold, then we read poetry related to Human Rights questions, Mr. Leonard picked some excellent poems for us to read. I got one by a Palestinian poet, and someone else got a Latino poet. I read the whole thing because I didn't think the others had the right attitude to read the one I was given. Mr. Leonard sort of knows what resonates for people. I would have brought a little of my own work too if I'd known ahead. Anyway it was covered by KAPPTV a broadcast Channel, the ABC affilate here in the Gulag, SChannel 35 if you don't have cable, sorry I don't know what it is on cable.Should be on the 11 o'clock news.

Comments:
Good to read people are trying to do something...
Gretings
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter