Monday, September 18, 2006

 

MUST READING!

When I talk about Christian Extremists this is a big part of the crowd I'm talking about. Frankly they ARE dangerous, and they are wrong, and they are VERY out of touch with the real teachings of Jesus.
Jews who hang around such people really puzzle me. You will hear a good explaination of Christian Zionists on this show, and hopefully understand why they upset me.
Really Interesting Show on Fresh Air Re: Christian Zionists

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=13



And further Must Reading,

A newer blog, but a very good one, that has valuable information, often things that are news to me. Today he has a website you should check out if you, like me didn't see it before!

Americans For Bosnia

Balkan Developement Newsletter

http://www.balkandevelopment.org/

This in reply to the Christian Extremist post, but for some reason when I try to click on the "comment" link, I get a "this page cannot be displayed." Anyways, I'm sure you have already covered this, since you cover everything ;) But in case you haven't, have you heard of the new film "Jesus Camp"? It is about an extremist evangelical camp for children. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RNfL6IVWCE Film Trailer http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2455343&page=1"I want to see them as radically laying down their lives for the gospel as they are in Palestine, Pakistan and all those different places," Fisher said. "Because, excuse me, we have the truth" Fisher is the head pastor at the Camp. (great, that's all we need, suicide bombers and "martyrs" in Dallas Texas (or wherever). You can find a lot more on the film, including the official website, through google and google news. While of course the extremists certainly do not represent all Christians, or even all Evangelical Christians or as you noted, the teachings of Christ, there does seem to be an increase in Christian extremism. shaina bavault

I do not know what in BLAZES happened to comments but no Shaina I hadn't seen this and I really deeply appreciate this! hvala najlipse!!!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter