Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Tuesday

Today is the anniversary of the devastating Hurricane Katrina. Last night I was at my daughter's place. My little grand-daughter starts school at the end of the week. Yesterday, her mother took them to an orientation, and she and her mother and brother were shown the ropes about school busses, how to be safe, how toi behave on the bus, and how to enter and exit. They were filmed last night leaving the bus. K.... was exited to see herself and her mom and little brother leaving the bus. S.... taped it, so next time I visit, I need to refilm it with my little digital, which always works.
My daughter fixed a superb crab quiche, man that was good! S.... didn't even try any! He doesn't know what deliciousness he missed!
She sent some home for me, and I'm having it cold with white Zinfandel for my lunch today.
We looked at film of New Orleans as it looks now, and it looks worse than the worst I saw in BiH or Croatia. I respect the people who had the guts to go back. I'm not entirely sure I'd have the same guts. Then again, returnees are not facing land-mines, just the possiblity of having to
deal with other hurricanes in the future, not a pleasant thought either, which is why I waver between respecting their guts and questioning their decision. Still I guess home is home.

Ulster Loyalist Terrorists May Have Invested in Bulgarian Real Estate

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=68792

Well why not? If the IRA could do it why shouldn't the Loyalists do it?

File also under 'Potemkin Selo'

Seriously, the Croats suffered years of a terrible war, and all it's destruction, so what is our big fat excuse to have worse access than most Balkans nations?

Americans Discover Balkans Health Care Access

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/IndustryInfo/story?id=2320839&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Serbian Skinheads Attack Two Israeli Citizens

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3297214,00.html

So when does the bombing start?

Large Number of Trafficked Persons Apprehended

http://story.irishsun.com/index.php/ct/9/id/3ae52199dd8fca20/cid/88176adfdf246af5/




Comments:
I am so sad beacuase of New Orleans. Forgive me for saying this, but USA are not Balkans, how come the State could not do something more for that city and the people?
Btw, it seems in less than a year all Balkan will be sold! Amen to that!
 
The story of what went wrong there is complicated and lengthy. It makes me sad and angry too.
It would take a long time to sit down and explain it all.
 
Hello, Yakima. since I see that you have both a daughter and a granddaughter, I can imagine what your stand might be on the "pot-lollies" that I wrote about; would you please write either here or at my blog what you really think about the article? I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks.
 
O.K. be right over once I get my khavu! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter