Monday, August 14, 2006

 

Monday

Update: President Tihić of Bosnia Hercegovina has recieved a threatening letter, the news source for this is Focus on English News out of Bulgaria, and it's not working correctly at the moment. I will try to have that link up later at whatever point in time it is working. My speculation is that this must have something to do with 1. the upcoming elections in BiH, and 2, it may have something to do with the blowing up of the late President Izetbegović's tomb. Anyway who ever is doing this isn't engaged in useful behavior.


Milosevic Worth $11 Million!


http://news.monstersandcritics.com/europe/article_1190083.php/Milosevic_worth_11_million_dollars_says_report

So where's the nearest place to learn to be a dictator? $11 million sounds like a lot of fun to me!


Serbian Festival in St. Louis Mo.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/79A1AAC51ABF27C1862571CA0011EA5F?OpenDocument

War Time Medical Aid to BiH a Danger Now to Public Health

http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/RWB.NSF/db900SID/SODA-6SN34Z?OpenDocument

Interpol Joins Investigation of Explosion at Izetbegović Tomb

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/europe/article_1190135.php/Interpol_joins_investigation_into_explosion_in_Sarajevo

U.N. Hands Over Control of Priština Airport to Local Police

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/NewsStory.aspx?cpath=20060814\ACQDJON200608140815DOWJONESDJONLINE000223.htm&selected=9999&selecteddisplaysymbol=9999&StoryTargetFrame=_top&mkt=WORLD&chk=unchecked&lang=&link=&headlinereturnpage=http://www.international.na

Britain Shuts Door to Bulgarian, Romanian Immigrants

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?catid=114&newsid=94059&ch=0&datte=2006-08-14

Roma in Sofia Again Under Pressure

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?focus=scan&sid=1119


Workers Buried in Sofia Building Accident

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?catid=120&newsid=94061&ch=0&datte=2006-08-14

***OK What in Bloody Hell HAPPENED t over at Balkan Scissors? Someone named Vis A is running it, they had an article about Balkan Beat Box and Quod's stuff is all gone and the template is different. I hope nothing has happened to her, I mean all her archives and lovely pictures WTF?!?





Comments:
Everything is OK, I simply decided on the eve of my 64th birthday it is time to stop blogging and so I deleted permanently Balkan-Scissors. I will be visiting your blog, and blogs of other friends from time to time, but will keep only the Sarajevo photoblog, and of course, will remain on Flickr. I wish you all the best, you are now the only one reading Balkan news for all of us!
 
Incredible, within hours, someone used the name and started new blog! Well who ever that may be, I wish him/her good luck!
 
Well Sretan Vam Rodjendan! I am glad you are ok! At least who ever it is seems to have good musical taste, but man I don't think it's right they take your blog's name! That's a bit rude of them but in another way, well imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! and yes I wish them luck, I won't delete them from the blog roll. Actually lots of people are covering Balkans news by itself, Random Bosnian Thoughs, he puts some news on from BiH, and has a unique perspective since he lives in Banja Luka. Then there's Bosnia Vault, Shaina has been known to beat me to a story! I will say I'm usually first to put something on in our little corner of the Blogosphere, but you had lovely stuff, I will miss the archeology things you put on, because you had lovely pictures! I am going to keep visitiong Sarajevo Photo Blog cuz it has wonderful pictures, and it's a relief you aren't dissappearing entirely! That would be too sad!
 
Hvala! Balkan was always interesting place, people were writing about it for centuries. I enoyed writing my blog, but my eyes are not in best shape and therefore I decided to reduce time at PC. I wish you luck and thanks for all kind comments!
 
@Owen you are being too nice, I'll get a swelled head! :) @ Seesaw, I know what it is to have problems with the eyes, I have a problem with mine from birth, and sometimes it makes doing lots of things hard, for example I don't drive because others would be in grave danger if I did. It doesn't keep me from enjoying the beauty in this world and you are right to get away from the computer from time to time. When I was on it more, it wasn't so good for me either!
 
I forgot, the Roma who go gather scrap are worth more than Milošević was in life, they are doing useful work! Someone has to gather up the scrap metal!
Someone has to lead people but Milošević was not a good or a just leader even to his own people. Still I can't help thinking that a decent person would do some worthwhile things with $11 million ! I like to think even if I were dissolute and a spendthrift, I'd use that money better than he did!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter