Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

Maria Cantwell Event

I wasn't sure if I was going to go to the Maria Cantwell deal, because of the expense and then I decide 'You know what, McGavrick would be a disaster!' And you have to raise money to run!
So I put on those beautiful instruments of the red and white shoes and the outfit that goes with them, hopped a bus and went downtown. Ran into my daughter, and she had something work related to go to. Ran into Mr. Rupel, Editor of Jack Rabbit News, a vital news source in the Yakima Gulag. and thence to Daniel DeSiga's gallery. I did not realize he shows other people's work besides his own. That was valuable information. I paint sometimes. Anyway since I arrived in the Gulag, everyone looks more like a cartoon in the New Yorker. I do myself, so don't think I'm insulting my friends. It was an excellent turnout, everyone got to talk to Senator Cantwell, and there was good food. Although there is a Federal Regulation that the more you pay to go to a political event ,the less you are going to eat, it was all good, they had nice Washington wines, and veggie trays and beef brisket, and fresh tortillas. All the food was donated and all the wine.
Senator Cantwell negotiated that the first food from the U.S. purchased by Cuba was from Washington State, lentils, peas, apples, other fruit, wine, 'and anything else we could sell them'.She told how Fidel said 'Even in the Bible it says how good peas and lentils are for you!' and her reply ' You mean you're going to buy some!'
Met a guy who reminded me of Hemingway without the beard. Met a lot of the usual serious Democrats.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter