Monday, July 17, 2006

 

Rude Awakening...

Well as if the poor people in Indonesia hadn't had enough, there was another tsunami, which hit Java, it followed another heavy earthquake.

Aside from that, the situation of rocket fire between Israel and Lebanon has continued on, it's now what six days.. . a week. President Bush is at the G-8 Summit in Saint Petersburg, and he says in a public meeting with Tony Blair and Putin present, 'We have got to get these people to stop doing this shit' I'm not making this up. OK I am very prone to using bad language, in my own private life. I'Pm not a world leader. I realize that President Bush 1. Has terrible responsibility, 2. consequently he gets tired, 3. is only human 4. has done worse things than to say a four letter word. 5. probably deserves credit for a few things and doesn't deserve to be criticised for a four letter word.

No one can help what happened in Indonesia except to help the survivors, it's not any one person's fault, but there is no excuse really for war, except a bunch of guys who all need some operation to reduce their problem of testosterone poisoning. I'm not taking sides here, both sides need to chill frankly. Hezbollah should have been disbanded years ago, and Israel, while I support the need for Israel, needs to calm down too. The odds of them calming down while being hit by rockets are slim to none, I would not calm down in their place either, and the Hezbollah guys definately need to cut it out with the rockets already, and now that the Israelis are shooting back that's not happening only when guys are shooting rockets at you, well of COURSE you shot rockets back in the general direction of whoever shot them at you! I'm glad my mother didn't have to live to see this. She really lived in fear of general war in the Middle East and this would look a lot like it to her if she were here to talk about it. This is all very bad stuff.

About 50 Serbs Evacuated from Lebanon


http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?catid=125&newsid=92390&ch=0&datte=2006-07-17


Today's Mladic Updates

I wouldn't be talking about this, I'd just do it if I were them!

Serbia to Reveal Plan to Hunt Mladic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5186234.stm


Request for no loudspeakers on Sofia Mosque

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?focus=scan&sid=1087

It's one thing to have the azan, etc, but the loudspeakers do more harm than good. I hope this can be worked out sensibly between the locals.


Wierdness! I never heard the like!

Small Bulgarian Town Invites Micheal Jackson to Stay

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=66588


http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=66602Bulgaria Strikes at Pirate Internet Providers

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=66602

warning, if you are worried about Echelon or Karnivor, this link is from Iran...but it is your Gotovina update for today

3 Croatian Generals on Trial

http://www.iran-daily.com/1385/2612/html/politic.htm#s159579

Visit Beautiful Romania!

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/spectrum.cfm?id=1022392006

Comments:
I have not seen the clip, I can't stand either Bush or Putin, and I am not a fan of Blair's anymore. Back when Blair started off, he did some actual good, then things went down hill. There is this really icky synergy between conservative presidents in the U.S. and whoever is P.M.in the U.K. The synergy is nastier if the P.M. is conservative, like when Thatcher was P.M. There is a kind of co-dependancy.
Actually the crudeness Bush exhibits from time to time plays well on the 'homefront' because it makes him look 'real' and 'human'. It's sort of like how well Milosevic's cross examinations, tirades and insults played well in Serbia, the exact same mechanism. It's pointless for an opponant to say much about a bad word, there is so much else that's even worse for which one must save one's breath and effort!
 
Thanks for writing a comment in my blog.
 
I just DID watch the clip it was on Metafilter, from Reuters, and damn the whole thing was like a scene out of 'Spitting Image' one of my favorite British shows of ALL time! I was reminded of the practice run of the state dinner for Margarat Thatcher hosted by President Reagan where they used toy squeaky sheep and bottles of ketchup !
Seriously, I don't think anyone realizes 1. What a drunk our president used to be. So far he is supposed to still be 'on the wagon' BUT everyone has heard of a 'dry drunk'! 2. I don't know how aware you are of his past use of cocaine, cocaine has one feature I REALLY hate in a drug, it makes most users paranoid. It's long term brain effects are perhaps worse than alchol and the user or former user thinks their brain is Just Fine! It does wonders for self-esteem!
At the risk of practiceing without a license, I think dyslexia could be a problem in the Bush family.
The other thing is few people realize how much mood altering prescription medicine is in use by the American middle and upper classes, it's mind boggling, remember the Halcyon incident with Bush Sr.?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter