Saturday, July 29, 2006

 

Bez Struja

Bez Struja means 'without current' which we certainly were down in my part of the Gulag for around half an hour.
My theory is that it must have had to do with a motor vehicle accident, I heard sirens shortly after the power went down.
I called the power company, then I called Trinity and then my daughter to see if they had power. Trinity wasn't up, my daughter was however. They offered to get me if it got too hot, and I thanked them. Going there tomorrow however to just hang out and see the babies.
Trinity later called me to say power had been down in her area as well.

This was from yesterday, the attack by an un-named Muslim American who said he was upset over the Israeli attack in Lebanon.
I'm upset about it too, but I'm upset as well with Hezbollah for attacking Israel. Both sides upset me.

Attack in Seattle

http://www.redorbit.com/news/video/?mid=12578&category_id=1&release_time=2006-07-29&page=


I was at Trinity's house keeping cool.

This is a bit shocking, over all Croatia has been a very safe tourist destination. That appears to be changing...
This is sad and shocking.





Comments:
I take it you mean the incident in Hvar (the link doesn't seem to be working)? Where the current suspects are a drug dealer of some kind, a doctor, and a nurse who looks like some kind of low-rent Seka Aleksić?

Oddly enough, as far as I know there hasn't been much in the UK papers about it (though admittedly I've got better things to do with my time in Zagreb than trawl the British tabloids' website) - they normally drag a beaten-up-tourists story out for days in sumemrtime...
 
So, it is hot in your part of the world, same as it is hot here! I guess the heat is the reason you were "bez struja". Take care.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter