Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

and Comrade Katjusa's unpleasant outing in the Gulag;

Ocassionally nasty stuff happens...I lost track of my Non Driver's Identification Card. That was bad. What is worse is I discovered this in the bank. Under stress Comrade Katjusa cannot remember numbers. They really need to ask things other than numbers. But that is neither here nor there...So leving the bank I went home. I searched and searched. Called the only three stores at which I made any purchases lately. no luck
So I took my trusty U.S. of A. passeport, and went back to the bank to transact my business. This was a request for counter checks and an order of new checks, I was fresh out. Very Inconvenient.
They were very helpful.
In fact they tried to be earlier and were most courteous. For the record I like my bank,they are nice.
Then Comrade Katjusa went and paid bills, and returned downtown all by Yakima Gulag Transit, which is an excellent public transit service. no serious complaints there! minor ones yes. We'll get there.
Well the heat was terrific, we Zeks don't like 102 or above very much!
Went first to the Union Gap Mall to freshen up. Was having kind of a bad hair day anyway, and knew that at the D.O.L. I would have to show my hair. So sorted that out, washed up, and wandered about, actually did a small amount of retail therapy there.
So after that went to the D.O.L. got going the wrong way, and some lovely young ladies I asked for directions helped me. It was nearly a mile and a half.
Got there, and actually my number was called pretty soon. I explained the problem. The poor woman behind the desk was not having a good day. She informed me that my lost ID was WAY out of date. So I had to pay the full fee. Nema Problema, I used one of the four counter checks and did it. Then had a particularly gruesome photographic experience. Granted I was tired, but I look like I will probably go home and ethnically cleanse someone or other. I look truely GRIM!
xexexexexexex!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter