Friday, April 21, 2006

 

Rainy this moring.

Fox News to get one of Serbia's Channels!
I do not consider the presence of Fox News in the Balkans to be an improvement.
I like Fox entertainment, the Simpsons, Futurama, and so on but their news branch and talk radio branch leaves a lot to be desired. I consider Fox News to be representative of the worst in Western media.

This by contrast is GOOD news, BiH does have a good deal of hydroelectric capacity and can be of great help to the region as a whole, and of course this will help make life better for people in the region.

Investment in BiH Electrical Grid


Montenegro's Independance Vote

Bulgarian Nurses will be bach home by September
Slightly closer to our gulag...
Earthquake in Kamchatka

Interesting...Did you know that Arafat always went to Christmas services? I used to have pictures that showed this, in various old magazines. I dont' see why it's a huge problem, in general Muslims don't go to such services except 1. To educate themselves about Christianity. 2, If a friend dies or gets married who happens to be Christian Muslims might attend the service.3. For Diplomatic reasons, as in this case.

Serbian Church doesn't want Kosovar PM to attend Easter Services

This is good news, because a lot of people really have a foot in both countries.
Croatia to Ease Passage Between BiH and Croatia

This however is not wonderful news...
Milosevic Allies doing well in opinion polls

OSCE to help Macedonia address Human Trafficking problems
Ivan the Terrible has been sick the past few days, not able to speak at all. He lost his voice and had to e-mail his boss that he would not be in. Today it was raining so he did not take the car. The windshield wipers don't work and it's of course dangerous to drive in rain, besides he really hasn't recovered from whatever is wrong, merely recovered his voice. Two days out will leave him with a real mess too. Still in his job, you have got to be able to speak in order to do it.

I am alright except for a dull pain in my neck. I am probably not spending a lot of time online today. I could, this isn't a school day for me but I have rather bad eye strain and the dull pain in my neck is the sort that often heralds a migraine so I'm going to take it easy today. I expect company anyway.


Article about Mostar's Bruce Lee Statue

Speaking of Mostar, the Mostar live cam has been down for a LONG time now, it started with one camera being down consistantly and then days and days of it. This is a pity as I like to look at the bridge. I'm sure others enjoyed the window on life in Mostar as much as I did.


Teenaged Kosovar Albanian Girl denied Assylum in Netherlands

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter