Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

Raining and I have to leave soon... so here's some stuff to read and think about..

Latin will be ambassador to Spain

Rest of Story

Serbia Flooded, damage in Belgrade

What does this have to do with the Balkans? Read on...
U.S. Navy Sinks Sham Marriages Scheme

Bosnian Pyramid Update I like the illustration of the pyramid with the sun behind it.



Daily Mladic Will be Handed Over Soon Update Sometimes I think the idea is to turn this into old news so that nobody gets upset because by then it will feel like old news.
And a Gotovina update
Kehoe Hired to Defend Gotovina

U.S. asks E.U. to be clear on the Status of Western Balkans Nations

3 Balkans States Mull War Crimes-Cooperation

Greek President Slams West over Kosovo


Locally, there is a report that the State of Washington Energy Assistance program has run out of money. This is very bad because we really can get some cold winters and heating prices of all kinds have been simply murder. This time it's not Enron but when that was going on I KNEW it was market manipulation and I really think the same thing is going on now, only the culprits are understandably being more clever.

I had one winter where the price of keeping my home tolerabley warm was sufficient to have funded THREE trips to BiH, or perhaps a year's stay. It pisses me off no end when something I have to have is so expensive that none of the rest of the things I need to do or want to do are even possible.

Comments:
That child looks like he might be Roma, and I am also here to tell you that many houses in my town are not wonderful, they started off good, but are very old. People do the best they can to keep them up.
There is also very high winter unemployment here since this is an agricultural area, and sometimes really harsh winters so I would not call winter here a walk in the park.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter