Friday, April 07, 2006

 

Continuation of the coverage on Mladic among other things..

But I thought they DID that ALREADY!

Belgrade Freezes Assets of War Crimes Suspects

This was the article that started the fuss
Mladic says he's ready to surrender


Lunacy



Mladic's son refuses to negotiate surrender

As you know I don't ordinarily have anything from Pravda but oh well... here is an article from Pravda
11,000 bodies of missing in Bosnia still need to be found

I don't know if this would work or not..

I had something from Slobodna Dalmacija about the secret flights. In Croatia, investigation has continued on this matter. Personally I find the whole story fishy...

More on CIA flights


Opposition to Mother Theresa Statue ends

Pavarotti cancels more concert dates



Yet more foolishness with the immigration bill and I don't know what to think, but I can say for sure American immigation law is way too complex and this proposed law still doesn't help.

I say there should not be quotas, it should not take YEARS to get in to the U.S. legally, and there need to be options for obtaining a Green Card easier than seeking an Amerian wife.

Easier legal immigration would be particularly useful as far as U.S. relations with Latin America go, and would just be better all around.
I'm almost relieved the deal fell through, but more thought needs to go into the law.
Basicaly too, I think easier legal immigration could even be better for unions. Unions in the past have opposed easier immigration.
I do not favor a 'guest worker' program though. That has led to problems in the past for the U.S. and for the guest workers themselves.

Comments:
Hello Yakima Gulag. Thanks for swinging by and saying hello. Enjoy the fish and stay safe...

:O)

ad
 
@ Owen, I suppose we can always hope! @nakedzoo! welcome to the Gulag, it's still too cold to get naked here, used to live in San Francisco in another life when I was not a zek. Loved it, I bet it's still too cold to stay naked there either! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter