Tuesday, April 18, 2006

 

Bad News all around. What can I say Take Two shots of rakija and call me in the morning...

But seriously...
Again, it was not hard to find a sensational lead story...

Terrorists Recruiting 'White Muslims' in Balkans?' Although given that there are a lot of really disgruntled American converts available out there, I don't know...I can tell you that a Muslim person from the Balkans only has as an advantage skin color, culturally there is a big difference that is noticeable without serious training in how to 'pass'. and there is the severe visa regime which affects people of all religions and nations from the region, so I don't know how useful it is to recruit there really.
Warning 1 graphic picture... File under WTF?!?! I mean WHO kills dolphins on purpose?!?
Butchered Dolphins Shock Beach goers
Attack Party in Big Trouble

Today is also the Centenary of the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906. As a former San Franciscan I can say it's impressive the way they are doing the commemoration. I've been hearing reports on it on NPR, since I have to leave soon, I can't update with links yet. I'll try to supply some later.

Comments:
Great stuff as usual, Yakima...wish I could read Serbo-Croat, though. I'll look around for some English-language coverage of the payments to the Serbian mafia.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter