Saturday, April 22, 2006

 

8,000 visitors to my blog thus far.

Thanks Owen for having been my 8000th vistor!

It is cold here in the gulag.

Good for Mesic!





Rural Projects to benefit nine nations inclulding BiH


Enterprise in Split

Rest of Enterprise story


also a Gotovina update

Gotovina case
HRT celebrates it's anniversary today! Svaki Cast!

"Halo, halo! Ovdje Radio Zagreb!'' were the first words broadcast live to air on 15 th May 1926 marking the beginning of radio in Croatia, while on exactly the same date three decades later television too became a fact of life. As the oldest broadcaster in South-Eastern Europe HRT on 15th May 2006 celebrates its two birthdays - 80 years of Radio and 50 years of Television in Croatia. More...




Kamchatka Aftershock

NPR has given a lot of coverage to the Maoist insurgency in Nepal. One thing I did not know is that for a guerilla organization, a rather large number of them are women.
Another interesting NPR story is the story that the police in Columbia have begun to switch from explosive sniffing dogs to explosive sniffing rats. Rats eat less, are less likely to set off a mine by standing on it, are far cheaper to feed and care for, have fewer medical problems .
They did not mention that while dogs do have a wonderful sense of smell, that of the rat is even more reliable!
Columbia has a terrible landmine situation. They've had some level of internal warfare for 40 straight years.

I've been experimenting a little with how to make this blog physically easier to read. I am myself nearsighted and have a hard time with small print. I haven't had time to explore all the possibilities offered before, but I felt I had to do something to make it easier to read things. It's not that much more work, and gives a little variety to things.
The 'Compose' mode isn't bad at all, given how many times I've bitched about various facets of how Blogger can be user unfriendly it's time for me to say that I appreciate being able to make the font tiny, normal or Huge!
sometimes the variety is very welcome. There's also some options with fonts. While the conventional font offered IS readable, it's boring and not very pretty and I love things which are pretty. Sorry we female types are wired that way!
Let me know how you like the changes.


Comments:
Hi Mr. Mystic! We'll see, of course the site meter reports every visitor, including my visits!
I'd like if it recorded unique visits, just like I'd like if Blogger would stop messing with me, I had the font the way I liked it now I have to go back and fix it AGAIN oooooj!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter