Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Rant Radio in the Gulag: Re: Milosevic's death.

I am so sick of Mike Savage! I did agree with him about the ports issue, he was right for all the right reasons, and I give him credit for it.
However Mike Savage sincerly believes that Milosevic was poisoned.

The stuff about the antibiotic is not conclusive evidence. The doctor who claims this is NOT giving his own name*, also why wasn't there publicity about it a week ago? The parts of the Internet where I go poking around for news would have HAD even the faintest rumor of this. In fact if Milosevic really thought he was being poisoned, he could have raised some serious Hell about it, by way of his own tirades in court, maybe he did, I haven't checked that yet, but I think if he did that it would have been news a number of places I go to find news!
He could haver raised Hell by way of his lawyer, a friend, or the Russians. None of them were doing that before he died that I know of.
So I am disinclined to believe the poisoning thing.

Another thing: AGAIN the Hard Left in America and the Hard Right are using practically the SAME rhetoric on this issue, to look at agitprop places like 'Antiwar.com' and to listen to Mike Savage on this subject is to hear the same thing!
So has Savage joined the Communist Party of the United States of America? Or has the Hard Right, the Rant Radio Right been infiltrated by Communists? Seriously, am I the only one who has noticed this? Am I the only one who thinks it's wierd that aboth the Commies and Rush Limbaugh and Mike Savage all use the same 'It's All Clinton's Fault' thing?
I had BETTER NOT be the only one who finds this wierd! I better not be the only one who has serious questions about this.

Just for kicks here's an analysis of the Naom Chomsky position.

Noam Chomsky and the Milosevic Lobby,

*Since I wrote this the doctor who did the tests has been identified. The other stuff I don't really know. It just seems strange to me that nothing was said sooner.
If the Hague bears any responsibility for the death, it's the possibility that Milosevic could lay hands on unauthorized drugs of any kind.
fI really do not buy the poisoning theory. But know what, we will be stuck with that theory floating around and it will poison discourse on the subject of Milosevic forever.
let's see $200 million down the toilet, or 30 cents for a lump of lead and brass, or whatever it is they are charging for good Manila hemp rope these days...
I think the better model for war crimes trials might be the way it was done in Nurenburge. I'm not against housing the prisoners in comfort, that's perfectly fine with me, but in the case of proven guilt, nothing they were authorized to hand out as penalties was commesurate with the crimes. I'm not just talking about Milosevic here!
And not only speaking of Serbian defendants.

I still say had I been in charge of the prison regime in The Hauge, I would really have insisted on a workup medically that included checking for any signs of dementia bcaused by organic, physical causes. I think given that it isn't young men and women who end up leading nations, it's a reasonable thing to do in a situation of a war crimes trial. Any other trial where the defendant is over say 50.
I am convinced that it wouldn't be a bad idea before people ran for office either, or during their term of office.
People who'se brains are not working properly should not be deciding importabt life and death issues.
Sometimes Alzheimers has an early onset. This happened to President Reagan. No one understood about early onset Alzheimers when he was president, but now we know about that stuff.
Another thing, persistant high blood pressure is quite hard on the brain. So is heavy smoking, and everyone is aware that over use of alchol is bad for the brain.
Slivovica, which I like myself, does have a few things which are bad for one quite aside from alchol. The plum pits have compounds that make slivo higher in wood alchol than most spirits. An intelligent person who is going to drink slivo only drinks it in the tiny glasses customary in the Balkans and stops at three such glasses. I cn tell you from experience, you can really get a headache if you break that rule!
Well do that to excess over long enough, and it starts being mroe tahn a headache, becuse the compounds in slivo I'm talking about are more like wood alchol.
Slobodan Milosevic over the years put away a good bit of slivo.

Comments:
You know Katja, I get so frustrated with the lopsided reporting on the balkan wars.
If I were to believe the media, there are no serb refugees, no serb deaths...serbs are only perpetrators.
If reporting was less black hat/white hat I would probably dismiss Chomsky.
But since I see and read the misinformation regularly it infuriates me.
In BC currently, a Croatian is on the hot blocks for extradition for war crimes. The CBC reports him as a Serb. But he was a Croat that was married to a Serbian woman and joined the Serbs because as you know, in the early 90's if you were a Croat married to a Serb..you were no longer a Croat.

I realize that it's confusing for non slavs.
What with Bosnian Serbs, Bosnian Croats, Croats, Serbian Croats, Croat Serbs and so on...but in reality they don't give a shit anyway.
It's too complicated to bother with the details.
 
Radmila I did not hear about the cae in Canada at all, it is one of many, and also I know that Serbs were refugees. There were especilly in Hercegovina where Serbs were the minority, and of course in Kosovo, Serbs are in a TERRIBLE position at this point.
I blame Milosevic, I do NOT REPEAT DO NOT blame Serbian people!

Radmila youi raise a really worthwhile point about how intermarried people were dealt with by all sides.
I heard of other cases like the guy in Canada, including of a Serb man who ended up fighting alongside the Muslims because he married a Muslim woman.
Yeah it's complicated alright!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter