Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Milosevic funeral

Hrt Coverage with pictures

According to PBSBiH Milosevic to be buried in Belgrade
According to PBSBiH Marko Milosevic will go get the late Slobodan Milosevic's body and the funeral will be in Belgrade.

yet another update

The doctor who said Milosevic was taking rifampicin is now a known name.

Dutch expert Donald Uges said he found rifampicin, a powerful antibiotic used to treat leprosy or tuberculosis

Milosevic Not to be buried in Serbia ... ?

No objection to funeral in Serbia, I guess it's just that no one is going to drop charges on Mirijana Markovic...



this was my favorite quote from the article, looks like he made up for all that obedience!
@Bora, sorry I was having a very bad time with my mouse that day, it's been dying on me at crucial moments.
Home Town Memories of Milosevic
One neighbour, who prefers not to give a name, says Slobodan Milosevic is remembered in the town as a quiet, rather effeminate boy, who did not play football, but was always obedient to his parents.

Well obviously without a defendant, there is no trial, this was totally expected.
ICTY ends Milosevic Trial

Comments:
Which article is the neighbor quote from? I cannot find it.
 
@Bora: The neighbor quote is in the BBC article.

I do not think he had a history of TB, but it can't be ruled out, as at one time it was endemic in rual areas of the Balkans and you are right it would have been denied because of stigma. Still I doubt that he had a history of T.B. Still it can't be ruled out.
Thanks Owen, for a speculation I had not really considered and should have. I'm falling down on my job as a rumour monger!
 
@ Bora, I fixed that link. It's actually an article that has a few nice pix
 
Thank you. Just linked to your blog a minute ago....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter