Monday, February 20, 2006

 

Late to this story but here goes..

I have to say I am not thrilled with the notion of any foreign company running American ports. I don't care what the 'safe-guards' are, I don't care if it's an allied country, I don't care that at one time the British did this, frankly I don't necessarily trust them at all times, I don't care if the UAE runs it, it's still foreign companies doing what should be done by American companies!
I was really disgusted that Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity* as usual were spinning this to their advantage.
I'm NOT a Mike Savage fan, in fact I really don't like the guy politically or from what I can percieve of his personality on his radio show, BUT I have to admit that he's RIGHT in this instance and I have got to give him credit for breaking the story really. No one was talking about it before he raised the issue. Hell I sure as Hell did not know. He's been willing to have Senator Schumer on his show, a Democrat to discuss it,rather than to paper it over and back up the NeoCons. Good that he raised it!
I hate when our sovreignty is compromised in the name of business. I wanted to give Rush a capsicum high colonic for his performance today and Friday about the whole thing. What these foreigners are ok because they are RICH?
I found the mental gyrations wierd and dizzying on the Rush show today, it was painful listening to that. Same with Hannity.
Countries real countries have several things in common, one of them is running their own damn ports!


*UPDATE!!!* I owe Sean Hannity a BIG FAT appology! he's actually against at any rate the company from the UAE running the ports. He was not against a British company running such facilities. I am against ANY foreign ownership of port facilities, even by allied nations such as Great Britain or Holland. I think this is a strategic type of facility and ought to be run by Americans. Evan an allied nation can have citizens who are against the U.S. and a port is a highly vulnerable environment from the viewpoint of security.
We have enough damn trouble keeping up with our own damn terrorists, there was a bust of fascists a couple days ago and Islamists today. Why should we import further problems?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter