Friday, February 17, 2006

 

After a Miserable struggle with 1. Proffessor TiniTajni and 2. the moribund mouse here's todays' offerings

Bird Flu in Egypt


Bird Flu Romania


Also a source that doesn't like being copied or redistributed or linked says that one cow has been tested in Croatia for Mad Cow disease. I don't know where in Croatia.
So I found a source that was less fussy about that, and here is a full story.


Mad Cow Disease case found in Eastern Croatia

So the Russians are going to take him in after all.

Milosevic to be Treated in Moscow


When I went to BiH the first time, while of course I was well aware of the war, I remember reading travel advisories that said definately do not ask questions about the war, and not to take pictures of any destruction or anything. It of course was a lot less rebuilt back in 1998 when I first was there too. Anyway I don't blame the Bosnians for prefering to show visitors nice places, who wants to be remembered for what happened there and yes there are a lot of nice places to see.
I don't recomend going into areas which have to do with the war without a competent local guide, because you can get hurt, you can step on a landmine and die, or be seriously injured.
So do call a reputable guide like the one in the article! Don't go blundering off on your own if you don't know the language! That's just asking for trouble. The Christian Science Monitor has a pretty worthwhile article on the subject.
My first and last trips I passed the home where the tunnel is many times, that was before it was a museum.

War Tourism

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter