Thursday, January 12, 2006

 

Comedy Night at the Yakima Gulag People's Institute of Higher Re:Education

Well my friend wasn't at my place by 6:28 and my clocks in the liveing room basically are set to school time so I decided I better get moveing, and left.
The big thrill was a comedian from Hawaii. Well I like comedy and young comedians you never heard of before can be funny, they are trying anyway, and for two bux why the Hell NOT right?

So I walked along in the dark, past Hell Hound House which was QUEIT! YEAH, and Hood Hand House where there seemed to be many guests.
It was raining which made things very film noire somehow.
Anyway, Kermit Apio was funny, what can I say? He has a very dry sense of humor, sometimes it took a few minutes to get it, but that's ok,
Being Hawaiian he had some jokes about Hawaiian pizza and how it should be Spam NOT Canadian bacon.
There was a riff about going through Zillah and how he loved seeing and photographing the Church of God Zillah!

Everyone liked that one, and there was some great stuff about being named Kermit, and you know I wish he'd been my classmate! There's a million things that would have gone un noticed about me back then!
Anyway it was good, those of you zeks who did not go for one reason or another missed a nice show, and missed seeing Joel on stage in a Hawaiian grass skirt. He looks cute in it, I found a stalk of grass from it on the floor in the Hopeless Union Building.

After the show, I explained to him about how popular Spam is in Sarajevo with the Croatian and Serbian inhabitants. It is actually kind of hard to get pork products in Sarajevo, because the majority of the butchers are Muslim, of course so are most of the people who own small grocery stores, so if someone who is a Croat or a Serb has guests one thing it's considered nice to serve is the 'poor man's pate' Spam sliced thin, there are local knock-offs of this product too. It's served sliced thin, with onion slices, or green onions or slices of garlic and thin slices of white cheese,bread, and coffee, and a few shots of rakija. It's not bad that way actually. The trick is to get the Spam nice and cold in the fridge first.

He liked hearing that and my description of the piles of Spam in Saddam's spider hole.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter