Saturday, December 10, 2005

 

United Nations Human Rights Day

Here in the Yakima Gulag, a number of us who habitually consider Human Rights an issue got togehter to mark the Anniversary of the Adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Traditionally we read the declaration by candle light, and then go hang out awhile someplace to drink coffee and talk about human rights, and how to better promote them. That's what we did, and it was good, saw a lot of people I've known for years.
Went out for lunch with a former co-worker and had the mixed grill at the Olive Garden. That was great! It is damn cold here! Supposedly it's 15 Fareneit but it feels colder. I got my stuff for my sister mailed out, and I found a very funny card for her, a Farside one. We both love the Farside.
Now I'm home warming up the house. I need to go to sleep early, I stepped on somthing hard that stripped me up downtown and skinned my right knee pretty nastily. Sorting through entiries to Carnival of the Balkans and deciding how to organize it all. There are some things I found that seemed pretty well to fit my theme, and I've gotten both good nominations and good entries, it's not too late if you still feel like submitting something or nominateing something. Remember the Theme is The East West or West East Transition. What sucked, what rocked and what was totally incomprehensible.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter