Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

Bez Struja....

somthing like 3 am the power went out in at least our whole neighborhood in the gulag. It was wierd looking out and seeing not one light, and yet the sky seeming so white, it's raining a lot too, the power came back about 3 am. I had to go invade the lair of Ivan the Terrible to make sure the pilot lights to the furnace and the water heater were on. He's had to put some fairly heavy stuff to keep that area blocked because there was a cat who seemly could walk through walls something like Pixel, a cat in R. Heinleins' book 'The Cat Who Could Walk Through Walls' actually the cat, got in by means of a crawl space. The pilot lights both worked fine. I never smelled any gas so I think they worked fine the whole time, but I need to tell him to have it easier for me to unblock. I know we don't want cats down there, but surely it could be less blocked off. I still haven't figured out what happened to the Pepper Ridge Farms stuff. I am going to look again I have ruled out several places last night. I'm mad as Hell about that.
KIT came back on, the lights came back on, the only evidence being a succession of digital clocks on, the microwave oven, a kitchen clock, my radio, which blink 12:12 or 12:00 in an annoying fashion. later my son will have to help me with those. I am glad at least I know how to check the pilot lights. I was about to call the power company when the power came back on. The radio station has had their Christmas special on half the night it seems because their normal night programming, Coast to Coast with George Noory went down. That happened LAST night TOO. So I wasn't all that surprised. Then that went away and was replaced by the not much more agreeable old radio shows with special Christmas programing.This time the Manheim Steamroller Christmas Special kicked on and that was it. I think they got some calls from irate George Noory fans.
KIT has been showing a little more effort lately I noticed. I think they realize that their only one side political programming annoys some of us zeks badly and that compounding it with technical glitches opens them to being made fun of in addition to being objected to on those grounds.
Rick Gleason of KIT hasn't said anything about the power failure,he reported that it's 36 degrees F out at McAllister Airfield, it is 49 degrees F at the radio station. and there is no reportage of the power failure.
I'm sure Mr. Gleason is busy trying to set things up again at the radio station. My radio is blinking 12:12 in big friendly green letters.I'm really glad I bought the little fake candle actually, it puts out a surpriseing amount of light for it's small size. it was perfectly adequate lighting to get around the house in the dark.
LED bulbs last for a very long time, I just need to figure out some light reflecting techniques to use with this baby.
I took two pictures of the street in total darkness. I bet lots of people will be late to work.
I wonder how extensive this power failure was? I suppose in a couple hours it's going to be possible to find out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter