Friday, December 30, 2005

 

Assorted New Years News

I will be going out to take care of a couple of essential errends, it's cold out there, but I have had a couple good days of shopping, I will look sharper by far next quarter, less like someone who showed up to scythe the back 40. I found some new slacks for my son too, one pair came from MONGOLIA! I could not resist, and he was amused too. That was my Christmas present to my son, finding trousers to supplement the nice shirts and sweaters my daughter and son in law gave him. He said 'You know D. knows what I should wear, she always makes me look good!' I have a good eye for suits and things, but what I like is more old fashioned.
I was able to get a nice blazer, some nice shoes, several nice skirts, and three really cool vests, I know Mr. Malloy doesn't like ladies vests, but they are a good place to hide a pocket or two. I dislike purses and nylons the most out of the things women are expected to wear. Purses get lost and become a general pain in the dupa. One day I will do a photograph of what I actually carry on a normal day if I don't need to carry books. It would surprise you. I figure a HOUSE is a place to keep your stuff. Once a woman doesn't have little kids anymore, she should not be a pack animal!

I heard on the news that Wonderbread is going out of business, and a commentary of a woman who like me was raised on either whole wheat, or rye bread, or corn tortillas. My mother called store bought white bread 'plasterbread' and the only white bread allowed was the wonderful sourdough that you can get in San Francisco. Otherwise it would have taken doctor's orders. I remember one thing about when I was horribly sick and was nine years old, the guy she consulted about herbal treatment actually said, 'Get a good brand of white bread, wheat or rye is dangerous in this instance. Too irritateing when she's better she can have whole wheat or rye.'
So I had dry French bread.
Now as the commentator on NPR said 'My whole wheat bread IS the mainstream bread!'

Balkans news as ever, Thank you Mario!!!


American lawyer joins Gotovina defense team


Trust Slobodna Dalmacija to work in a reference to Gotovina...

New Years for Gotovina vvs for ordinary Croats


rest of story

Ante really got around! regular globe trotter, makes me wonder about the guys from the other side....
Gotovina traveled to lots of other countries besides Spain

Ways the Bosnians are helping us in the States, thanks!

Which reminds me, the last tropical storm of the year Tropical Storm Zeta is underway.... it could turn into a hurricane, not likely....I'm just saying.....



OK they know he got his pension...isn't that a pretty easy thing to trace? Like where it was cashed that sort of paper trail thing?
Ratko Mladic recieved his army pension until November of this year



The ethnic Serbian guy who was arrested in Croatia and tried for his involvement with the srebenica massacre was convicted.

Slobodan Davidovic convicted

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter