Friday, November 04, 2005

 

Yu-Mitologija.net


couternix who visits East Ethnia often and has a good blog of his own posted this link in comments and really you should go to this site even if you do not read the language because of the pictures, there are a lot of them, one of the best is in htis advertisement for apples.
The Yakima Gulag is Apple Country, the Fruit Bowl of the World etc 7rla i.t.d. So I noticed that picture right away, besides the handsome guy who has the box of apples D'uh what girl with anything like red blood in her veins would not look at that covjek? I mean really, very good lookinig guy!
oh then there's the apples. I mean for ONCE an advertisement aimed at the primal urges of FEMALE HUMAN BEINGS! DA!

OK my funny apple story. When I was in Sarajevo the second time, my Significant Other was not well. He is also a terrible cheapskate. I love him, but he IS let's just be honest about it. It's ok, so am I.
Anyway, I was going to need to go to the airport and it was horrible and cold out. I did not want him going to the airport which had not been refurbished yet, and was horrifically cold, and which due to the fact Bosnians like to smoke a LOT, would be smoke filled. I could see him getting sick again, we'd already had kind of a lousy time because both of us got sick during that time. I didn't want him to get sick again, I knew he'd take the taxi there with me and go home in the tram. Ordinarily that would have been ok but both of us were recoveing from bad flu. I said 'I don't trust you, you will take the tram back and get sick again..you should not be in a freezeing cold airport, you should be resting. Just call the taxi and go back to sleep when I'm gone.' He argued about it, but I insisted. So he called his friend that drives a taxi, a very fine looking man who is Muslim. My significant other is a Croat. Anyway was afraid I'd be nervous about rideing in the same car with someone Muslim, so he said 'I have known this man for years and he is a good guy even if he is Muslim, and you don't need to worry because he's one of the best drivers in Sarajevo!' Anyway the man arrived, called us on his mobile phone that he was there. Right there that is SERVICE because there is nothing like a cold dark predawn in Sarajevo. He came just after the first azan, and wasn't the least bit late!
So once I was in the cab, the driver remembered me from my first trip to Sarajevo, and said 'I remember you, you are from America, I notice now you speak our language pretty good' 'Thanks' I said 'Where are you from in America?' 'Yakima Washington' 'Were is that?' 'In the very middle of the State of Washington' he didn't say anything, so I said 'Our town is famous for apples' and he laughed out loud 'You mean those very pretty big huge red apples which taste of nothing?' 'You should give them another chance, they are better now! Everyone is trying to raise apples that taste better now.'
Anyway let it not be said that I didn't defend the Washington apple!

Comments:
Ahhh, apples!

There was a time when I was so hungry in the R/S that an apple tree gave me that needed "engergy" to continue on!

I swear to God! I was with a party with a few kids in it and we we had gone a few days with not eating very good.

Then all of a sudden we came across an apple tree. I was worried at first because this apple tree was in the yard of a fenced yard.

My Americanism worries turned out to be false, for I learned that in the Balakans that anyone is free to pick fruite from a tree in anyone's yard. As long as the picking is to feed the fuel of hunger.

I will never foreget just how good those apples tasted!

Hunger is a "curel" thing!

CRAZY!

John!
 
Well I still would have asked someone if anyone were around, but it seems fair to me since so much fruit goes to waste, or is eatten by birds, I once lived where there was a cherry tree and an apple tree, as well as raspberry bushes, and we picked all of it, but I used to invite people to come pick because there was no way we could eat it all and a lot of our friends were also poor. We had Golden Delicious apples and Bign cherries, the funniest thing was there was this absolutely huge male swallow who would dive bomb us whenever we went to pick cherries! I am very fond of birds generally and have a soft spot for swallows but I got to where I would take a water pistol out to shoot at him, a few times of that and he'd leave, but he was a very bold bird and wasn't afraid of crows or cats even. He'd dive bomb them too!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter