Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

Interesting comments on the Wahabi 'ethnic cleansing'

I have to say I didn't like what I saw of the new mosques built in Sarajevo. Not because I have a problem with mosques as such. I have a problem with how the new ones are so sterile, so un-Bosnian, and not beautiful.
For the record I feel the same way about modern churches, especially those damned ugly concrete things that over do the modern bit by resembleing washing machine agitators and which have meaningless decorations which are not even beautiful.
It's my dislike of the most sterile, conformist, plasticated aspects of modern life that is my problem with this. Nice to know I'm not alone, and nice to know a lot of people in BiH feel the same way.
There is a lovely picture of the rebuilt Stari Most in the article. check it out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter