Wednesday, November 09, 2005

 

Former Serbian Red Berets work in Iraq as mercenairies.


Comments:
With all due respect, these guys are not MERCS. I don't understand why "security" personnel are constatnly called this. These men will not be engaged in "offensive" operations - only defensive to protect and deter.

At 8 grand a month they are getting ripped off. I know guys making twice that doing the same thing.

"Custer Battles", I think that is the name, hires static post security guards for that price. A much lower risk (entry-level) than what these Serbs are getting paid to risk.

For the Balkans, though, eight grand a month is damn good. That Sarejvo contracting company is getting paid twice, probably three times that amount per individual on the ground "in-country".
 
With all due respect John, I'm useing what was in the headline. I it's really bad those guys are not even being paid fairly for the risks they take. I mean Hell Iraq is dangerous, yeah considering what wages are in Serbia, and what the job situation is in Serbia I don't blame them.
These are elite guys, they are worth a lot more really.
Know what, it's just another way to be trafficked when you come down to it. Sad really.
 
Great Blog! Have added you to my blogroll. Thanks for the visit!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter