Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

For anyone who STILL doesn't get it, the CPUSA backs Milosevic and here is proof they do

While I am rather left of center, I draw the line at Communism. It really isn't my thing. Here is one example why. Given that Milosevic was the worst sort of thug and not really much of a communist, given that he began the process that led to all those closed factories etc. I have to laugh at this article. I haven't visited their page too often, I take enough cognitive dissonace on a daily basis. The worst of which is I can hear Rush Limbaugh every so often say how badly done by poor old Slobo was or I can hear the same from Mike Savage at the same time he denounces Communists, the same from Paul Harvey. If this is red-baiting make the most of it!

bonus points for makeing it down to this tid-bit:

The meeting paid tribute to Harold Pinter, playwright and author and recent winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature, who was a strong opponent of the NATO-sponsored war that led to the dismemberment of Yugoslavia.

uummm Comrades, Pay attention, I will speak very slowly..... the dismemberment began and was well underway before ANYONE did anything one way or the other about it!

Comments:
All I can say, It was not only Serbs, Croats etc who decided what will happen with Yugoslavia... Now after 15 years I am almost positive the decission came from somewhere else, and former or present leaders where only pawns in a chess game...
 
I will only say one thing: definitely, the problems in the Balkans have a long history (a long history of imperialist exploitation, I should add), and the last war in the Balkans was caused by both, the internal problems (with a long history of foreign interference) and the actual geopolitical struggle between the several poles, e.g. the USA, the EU, or Russia. What we are whitnessing nowadays concerning the independence of Kosovo, the independence of Montenegro, the initiative for Serbia-Montenegro, Bosnia, Turkey and Bulgaria to join NATO, as well as the latest problems concerning the IMF, are all together only the next step in this long stair of international interest-fights.

Daniel.
 
My point in posting this was not to lay blame on any one side in the war but to point out that the right wing and the Communist Party U.S.A. have both been among Milosevic's strongest supporters in the United States. I have many American friends who will not face this fact.
You can hear him defended by mouth pieces for the 'conservatives' such as Rush Limbaugh, Mike Savage, Sean Hanity, and Paul Harvey, on the one hand, who should have denounced him, and then the Communist party here is in the position of defending someone responsible for genocide, while denounceing others as having started it, when washing their hands of both sides would have been a good thing.
Don't get me wrong, I don't consider that ANY of the leaders of the war on any side benefitted their peoples, I often wonder what might have happened if ANY of them had been man enough to denounce foreign influences in the Balkans and reveal those influences.
All I know is that the fall of Yugoslavia wasn't of any particular benefit to the U.S. in fact it's created problems which are pretty expensive.
On the other hand, Yugoslavia was something of a foreign construct in the first place and probably would have fallen sooner or later.
I think it is sad that the whole thing could not have gone peacefully like the 'Velvet Divorce' of Czech Republic and Slovakia.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter