Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Computer Gameing and it's value for work readiness

My son, a very clever young man who is in a reasponsible position in his company, a major appliance firm, was telling me about his day at work.
I am in awe of him and my daughter, at what they do. They make things work for people. my daughter is a baker, she makes cakes for people, and bread, and other good things of life, and my son makes sure someone gets to your house and fixes your fridge, you oven, your washer, your dryer.
There is a lot of logistical talent required in games like 'Kingdom of Loathing,''Everquest' and other real time strategy based Massive Multiplayer games. The good players develope skills useful for careers in management, dispatching, air traffic control, etc. So I'm proclaiming this weekend 'Get off your kid's back weekend'

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter