Friday, October 14, 2005

 

The Winner of the Caption Contest Hands Down is John 1975 of 'My Ghosts!'

John 1975 wins because his was such a wonderful steal from Danis Tanovic's great film 'Nicije Zemelja' or 'No Man's Land' as those of you in Rio Del, IF you ever got to see the film, will know it.
THere is the scene where Ciki, the Armija BiH soldier, played by (a very handsome Serbian actor), and Nino, the Serbian soldier, (who was played by a Muslim actor who majorly needed some hair!) were stuck in the bunker in the old Serbian lines, and under Serbian fire, kind of compact the whole debate about the war into 'You started the war!' 'No you did!' 'No you did' etc.
This is one of the best scenes in the film. Especially the moment where Ciki later is forced into the same debate.

My own view of the war is pretty close to Danis TAnovic's.
This was a great film and has made it into my short list of favorite films of all time.
Sadly it wasn't shown in my area, it wasn't to my knowlege shown ANYPLACE in my State, which is a disgrace!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter