Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 

Vigil for the 2000 American soldiers who have died in Iraq.

There was a candle light vigil in the Yakima Gulag to remember the soldiers who died in the war in Iraq. It was a peaceful event and well attended, better attended than is usual for these events.
I don't think anyone said anything that would have offended anyone right wing. The media was present in the form of someone from KNDO and I think a photographer from the Yakima Herald Republic. The candle light vigil was held in the Millenium Plaza, a piece of NeoPagan architecture down town accrosss from the Capitol Theatre. I didn't take my camera. Others will have pictures I'm sure. If the paper carries anything I will provide a link to that.
Everyone wanted to do this in a respectful manner. To just remind people that war isn't cheap. It comes at a terrible cost. Many were at pains to say that not one statement against the war was intended against the soldiers. There is a VERY different attitude from the Vietnam era.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter