Thursday, October 06, 2005

 

Those J**** Dogs AGAIN! ! !

the neighbors on the corner have a number of large boxers. all during Summer Quarter they impeded my way to my 6:30 am math class. The fence hasn't been working it seems. I've seen evidence that the damn dogs were at least TRYING to escape. There was a cute little dog, the kind of small yappy mixed breed my sister calls a 'drop-kick'. My sister only has dogs with pedigrees at least as good as our own. She's a confirmed dog snob adn very good with dogs. Me I'm fine as long as they don't sneak up on me in the dark and statt threatening behaviors.
The dogs got out this morning. I found out in an unpleasant way. I didn't even make it to the middle of the damn block, the tawny bitch came after me, and this other dog who never was a problem dog before came along and joined in the 'fun'! I faked picking up a rock, there weren't any acutal rocks, and faked throwing it. Turned, went back home and called 1. Animal Control, and 2. the police non-emergency other business number. I didn't know that calling 911 ws in order, but I strongly considered it. Once they were called I set off again and took my old dog avoidance route which put me three blocks out of my way. I was pissed off.
I came home sooner than expected.
I came home the long way as well. It was a good idea. Trinity came over, she of Goth Barbie fame. Those dogs NEVER barked at her before. The tawny boxer bitch menaced HER! Anyway the guy from Animal Control called me, and asked clarification as to where the stupid dogs live, so I described the property in detail, unfortunately I was not able to give an address, it's kind of around the corner from the yard where the dogs live. So a detailed description of the premises had to do. He got there and rang off as he knocked on those people's door. He had been trying to ccollect her before that because Trinity witnessed that dog avoiding him. In talking with the Animal Control machine and in talking with the human at the police department, I mentioned that the city had gotten pretty agressive when my yard got over-grown when I was sick this spring, and I expected a similar level of firmness in regard to the dog or I would be seriously annoyed. I expect equal enforcement of the laws. I kept it nice, and thanked everyone. I did mention that I've called about those dogs before, and did inform the Animal Control guy that these people didn't seem to know how to properly train a dog, 'they seem to think you train them by throwing rocks at them like that works!' Anyway I hope something substantial has been done. It was a definate I wish I had a camera phone moment.

Comments:
This story reminded me of a house I was renting in "downtown" Srebrenica.

It was cold out, probably early Oct or Nov. No snow yet.

I loved the place and the view it gave me of the village but there was one problem. A damn neighbor's dog.

This damn dog would bark and bark and bark loud as hell everynight about 2am.

This would drive me crazy, for I can't sleep with any kind of noise. I didn't want to put earplugs in for obvious reasons.

I tried to seal off my winow the noise of the barking dog was comming in from with, foam, blankest and 100mph tape. Nothing worked.

There was one night I almost lost it and as jumped out of bed, ripped off my poor excuse of soundproofing, grabbed my AKM, opened the window and pointed the weapon at this dog down below.

I sat there in my window for a few tracking the dog with the front sight watching the dogs breath "steam" out with each bark.

I started laughing at myself as I pulled the weapon from the window, placed the selector switch on SAFE and sat there in defeat, laughing at how a dog was kicking my ass.

Then my dim brain kicked into gear as I suddenly had an idea. I went into my kitchen, rummaged through my trash and took out some chicken bones.

I threw these chicken bones to the dog below which was about 20 to thirty yards away.

It was hard at first but eventually I got good at my aim.

As soon as the dog smelled the chicken he instatnly stopped barking as his nose acted as radar equiped plow seeking out the tasty food.

It worked but I grew to hate chicken!

I really do miss that place!
 
Hahaha! I should say that poor dog was ill fed but these damn dogs eat better than I do! They are all sleek and well grown, the bitch who has been such a problem is almost fat. They bark because their owners will not take the time to train them for any task other than barking at everyone. They get out and impede people going down the street. I don't run, even if it was a good idea, I couldn't the side walk is very broken up by tree roots. There might be good reason to have such a dog if one lived someplace like Srebenica, but not here. No one is going to ethnically cleanse these folks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter