Friday, October 28, 2005

 

This is a disturbing story.

The people arrested in the part of this case relevant to Bosnia-Hercegovina for one thing as far as I gathered spent a lot of time in the West. They were arrested in a flat in a neighborhood very familiar to me. That reason alone was reson to be distressed. The other was the ages of these young people. It's obvious who is doing the better job of propaganda and I can't say that pleases me very much either.
The Bosnian Muslims have not been notable in modern times for being fanatics. In fact Bosnians of what ever religion tended not to go too overboard with religion until very modern times and it's not a good thing to start now. I can see keeping the rules and customs of one's religious community, and trying to lead a good life within those rules. We all need a way to organize our lives and nothing is wrong with having religion be that way but there is everything in the world wrong when it becomes an excuse for violence.

Comments:
Hey,
Thank you for your kind words concerning my blog. As a writer it's always great to get feedback from people who read your stuff.
Happy Holloween.
Doug
 
welcome to my gulag!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter