Friday, October 21, 2005

 

English invented Thermal Shelter

I had a look at this and was really impressed, I was impressed with the practical design and the cheapness of the matierials. The need for an easily made shelter that will withstand extreme cold is a real need when war or natural disaster occur in any extreme climate, remember whatever can keep you warm, as well can keep you cool! I saved the details in case God forbid I ever need to know this information. I have on hand always some tent parts and several large tarps of the type shown in the picture, and almost any house has some blankets and quilts in it. This may not be beautiful, but it's got warmth and cheapness going for it, and ease of construction, given that many times there are not all that many able bodied healthy male survivors, it's particularly important to have ease of set up.

The other thing I want to mention is that bird flu has shown up in Croatia, which means it will hit Bosnia Hercegovina soon if it hasn't already done so. The fact is that anything which is carried by migratory birds is not stoppable. It will have to run it's course.

Comments:
I love stories like this; I'm a survival NUT!

Of course I do it for fun, not out of necessity, so I can see how it would suck for the refugees or quake victims.

Beleive it or not I've got an underground shelter up North (US). I used an old gutted bus and had it burried. Of course I weather proofed the thing before I put it into the ground. You'd be surprised how much room is actually available in an old gutted school bus.

I visit the land every year or so. I haven't been there in almost three years to be honest. I kind of miss it.

Have a good one!
 
I think I get my interest in survival information from the fact taht up until recently my children and I were in areas that had various natural disastera about every 2 years. I got to where I am a fanatic about an earthquke kit, and the makeings of shelter if needed. I also lived at a lower technological level when my family 1. took a year off and traveled from National Park to National park, and in Yosemite, we took a burro pack trip, I got to pick the burros, I was always a good judge of horses and burros.
Then my family moved to Mexico for 2 years and 7 months. People there often didn't have stuff people in the States had. Sometimes not haveing that stuff wasn't so bad. I learned how you live with out it. In a way my time in BiH was a refresher course. I often feel thankful I went there before the Sept 11th business because of two things, I got a sense of perspective about war, and it was good to see how yet another bunch of people keep a decent life when various things are not present.
I really judge people by how I think they'd handle a survival situation and how they actually DO handle it.
I don't want to associate with anyone who is not going to handle it with the right attitude. Even in a time of plenty such people ALWAYS in my experience are trouble makers.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter