Thursday, June 02, 2005

 

Prism another mixed bag

The latest Prism had some good work by good poets but I am afraid for the future of the ones who made top spots for a third year running, yes they are all good, and yes perhaps they even have great futures as writers but and here is the big one,
This is a VERY SMALL POND! Getting noted like that three times in a row in the gulag is not to be mistaken for being significant. That said, I liked the work of the three people in question, and would have probably put them in that spot.
What upsets me is how much really disappointing work of the Teenagnst School of writeing makes it in. I am DYING now to see what kind of work was submitted before. If there is any way I can find out what else got submitted that was overlooked, then I mean to do it.

Irish Dance at The Yakima Gulag People's Institute of Higher Re:education. Even though I don't feel so good, I'm going to go, because I would like to see some decent step danceing again, not to mention hear the music that goes with it. Tomorrow is the last day of classes. I'm doing what I can with the re:dos on math, and I confess, I have no clue on some of it. I have enjoyed the class and even learned some stuff, so that's good. I had the WORST Spanish exam ever in my life! My ENTIRE life.
On the upside, my last two compositions got decent grades. Give me time and a dictionary I can write stuff in Spanish now. The play was a sucess too, the other classmates wrote cute plays too. So I'm not too distressed. We really raised the bar on what was expected! I liked the play three female classmates did in RHYME no less in Spanish, about a jealous husband, an unfaithful wife and murder, it was well done and the girls who played guys did the macho postureing thing so perfectly. I love my classmates in that class. I'm probably going to cry when it's all over.
The homework for Billing and Codeing is all in at least though. I can't stand being online for classes anymore. It physically doesn't work because sometimes transfering information back and forth is a real pain physically. I just realized I have paper so t here is no good reason not to have carried enough paper!

At least the yard is under control. The guys did bring back my big old trash can which is for the recyclaables and my tarp. My tarp is damned important to me. If it gets nice and hot one day, I will need it in order to wash my fake Oriental rug. I will put the rug on it, put some nice biodegradeable type soap on the rug and run water over it and let the sun dry it. That should take a couple days at what ever point it gets REAL hot. I think I startled some teenaged loiterers. I just gave them the old fish eye until they left. Still need to call the city about the graffitti. I can now.
I am glad to have certain stuff gone. The old fridge and the mattress in particular. I need to rake but it can wait until tomorrow after school.
I need to rest now.
I'm still feeling ill. I almost threw up a little earlier. I don't throw up that often.It's rare for me even to come close to throwing up.
I went to help my friend Trinity (her fake name) with stuff around the college. She's going to start this fall we hope. Her parents are real glad I did that because they haven't been in college in a long time, and it's different now. I also introduced her around, so that she'd know some folks to hang with. That's important too!!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter