Friday, May 27, 2005

 

Catching up on things

I am still affected by the virus. I had an exam in Spanish, and the same thing with the getting too hot while thinking happened. I got through it the best I could, turned in my diary and composition. I went home, changed into working gear and began knocking down the more obnoxious weeds out back. I was fine until 11 am when I began to fade fast, it was getting hotter. My neighbor from across the road saw me hacking down some stuff, he came by and did the front and then it was four o'clock. I really really appreciated his help. Of course also I paid him. The rest will be done tomorrow. I noticed that some sina kurva or other had tagged my garage. I will be calling the city Tuesday, and report the tagging.
I'm going to make some nice barbeque out of some canned pork someone gave me, and some burgers and there's Pepsi and chips. It will be a real old fashioned 'subotnik' I guess.
I had such a bad headache when today was over that I really should have gone to the hospital. It was terrible. I could not get comfortable in the least. The heat here has a terrible effect on me.
Sunday and Monday I can finish the other classwork and then I can get it in. I'm grateful for the patience of my teachers. One of them laughed at my notes to myself in the book. One code was really really really hard to find, and I had noted that this one was crazymakeing! another was one I looked all over for, and I wrote 'looked all OVER for this one!'
Some of the people I'm going to school with just amaze me, one guy named Adolfo was in my Spanish class, he was there to improve his grammer in Spanish. He's graduateing this June and invited Cathy and me to his graduation. My friend Rachel, the quiet lover of anime too, she's getting married to a sailor on a nuclear submarine. She told me something interesting, the guys who work on nuclear submarines tend to have 98% daughters! He's cool with that fact. That's a good thing if you are going to do something, to be cool with the consequences.
Well now my energies are at an end, it's been hot in the Gulag. I hear that we will get more rain.

My son in law's operation was sucessful. They will be able to preserve most of the length of his finger, and he'll have normal range of motion. I'm sure he's still in some serious pain. I'm trying to stay calm about all of this.
Now I need to lie back down. I'm starting to feel too hot again.

One more thing, for those who read this blog, check out Balkan Scissors, she puts in such cool pictures of Sarajevo.
sometimes seeing those pictures makes me just want to jump on a plane and go back.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter