Saturday, April 02, 2005

 

Umro Papa Ivo Pavo II

Reged: 12/18/04
Posts: 10
Loc: Yakima Gulag American Siberia

Re: Pope has passed (Official)
#373111 - 04/02/05 01:27 PM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Yes it was announced nearly immediately on HRT, Hrvatska Radio Televisija. What many don't realize is what a great friend Pope John Paul II was to Croatia, and to the Bosnian Croats. He spoke the Croatian language fluently and beautifully. I was watching documentaries about him all night on HRT, of his visits to Zagreb, Zadar,Split,Osijek, Dubrovnik, even his visits to Bosnia-Hercegovina.
His friendship was a true friendship, because when Croats did wrong in the wars, he did not hesitate to rebuke them for it, but that is in fact a mark of his true love, and his great respect. When a friend does wrong things one does what one can to change it, and one encourages to the right way, that is how he was with the Croatian people. For this all Croat Catholic people should have gratitude.
As well he was the force that did the most to bring down Communism. I know many Americans credit the late President Ronald Reagan for this, but the first strong impetus in that trend really was Papa Ivo Pavo II.
He set too an example of courage in the face of death, an example of faith, and of love for his fellow human beings.
may God bless Papa Ivo Pavo II!

--------------------
It all ends in the graveyard...

I know, lazy of me, but I don't feel so much like writing because the whole night I was up watching HRT's coverage, on the grounds that since I speak and read Croatian, it would be more reliable than radio or television coverage, I was righ, if you listen to NPR, well HRT announced the news ahead of it, and ahead of the local radio station KIT.
Anyway he was a great man, I had my strong disagreements with him on certain issues, but I have to say I respected him, and I know that the world will feel his loss greatly.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter