Thursday, April 14, 2005

 

OK recipe time


Dandelion Salad

1 go get a bunch of fresh dandelion leaves out of the garden
2 clean them well, wash them and let them soak in clean ICE cold water.
3. get a clove or two of garlic and half an onion and some salt
4. get Italian seasoning a pinch of red chili flakes and a couple pinches of garam masala, and if you like a fresh plum tomato or a few dried tomatoes.
4. get some good olive oil and some balsemic vinegar
Cut the dandelion leaves with the garlic and onions, and the Italian seasoning.if the tomato you use is dried cut it up with that stuff too.
Once it's all cut up put that in a bowl and add the olive oil and balsemic vinegar.
Now here is where you can do things differently.
I like to put feta cheese in this, I think that is particularly good, another way to go is to fry up pieces of bacon, usually I get ends and pieces and take the fat part off, I fry that up first, then take them out and then put in the meaty pieces, and fry them nice, then put them HOT on top of the leaves.
I put in a chopped boiled egg if I have one.
Serve by itself or as a side dish, it's nice with roasted or grilled meats.

I like to have this with fried chicken liver, I'll tell you my chicken liver recipe some other time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter