Saturday, April 23, 2005

 

My father needs a bit of prayer.

My father had a serious operation recently, he seems to be doing well, but it can't heard him to pray for him a bit.
As well a school mate of mine is faceing surgery for something serious. It's often pretty nice people who most need prayer.
I liked what mhy school mate said. Sometimes it's funny where spiritual sustanance comes from, as a child she used to watch Vegitales, a program I never got my kids, but they did have a song in it called 'God is Bigger than the Boogie Man' and this girl sometimes sings it when she's scared. She is a very good young lady, and she is very scared. We all sat in the Hopeless Union Building one morning and prayed for her.
When she told me that this song comforts her, I told her, not only is God bigger than the Boogie man, he CAN and WILL kick his butt!' She brightened up and smiled, and said 'well even if I do die, I get to meet my Savior face to face' 'Yes that is true, and people who are scared like you are right now, usually forget that, but it's true. you will because you haven't done any bad stuff.' 'Well I have!' I said 'I doubt it's any big bad stuff, examine your conscience a bit, you ethnically cleansed any villages lately? worshiped idols? committed adultery? been mean to someone?' no 'Well then I guess you will met your Savior if your time has come.'
People are so scared of this passage. In a way I can understand it, it used to scare me. I was present when my mom died, my sister was too. Probably at the moment of her death was the happiest look we'd ever seen on her face. like the best high ever, like the best orgasm ever, anyway she didn't go in fear.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter