Thursday, April 28, 2005

 

My daughter burned her arm very badly

My daughter works as a baker, she's very good at it, and yes sometimes there are accidents in her job. She spilled hot dipping chocolate all over her forearm sustaining 2nd degree burns and possibley some areas of 3rd degree burns.
She had to go to the hospital. Her co:workers are fantastic people, they finished makeing the donuts that she was supposed to glaze. She had to have a lot of debridement, I'm worried she'll have a big scar, she scars very easily. Sometimes I look at the scars on her and just want to cry. She has lots of little scars from getting burned at work. She's very proud of her work and very very good at it.
She called me last night to tell me, and we talked a little. She had to go in to the hospital again today. I didn't hear anything from her today. Of course I let her know we'll help if she needs us all she has to do is let us know. Of course she does have her husband, and he's really good, adn the other grandparents live closer by and can drive.
I hoep she'll be ok. I pray she doesn't get too bad a scar. I reminded her to ask her doctor about zinc oxide powder. I've prevented nasty scars from burns by useing just zink oxide like you use for diaper rash, it's very useful stuff, but for this type of injury the powder is probably better.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter