Sunday, April 17, 2005

 

I have been listening to the most beautiful story...

This program has perhaps been the most lovely and hopeful thing I have heard in a long time, the mood I've been in, I needed this sort of thing, it's a thing which should inspire all of us. The idea is one that must inspire those of us who want healing in this earth, who want peace, real peace, not the 'peace of the prison cell or the grave'as Padraig H. Pearse called the false peace we see so often. The story is called 'The Man Who Planted Trees.' It is the story of a man who took adversity and made something beautiful happen. I was very touched by this story.
Those who know me well know that I am not easily touched. I am not sentimental, or easily moved.
I am a hard person, and a bit detached from others, but I saw in this story a vision that should be useful to people who have had to live in places made harder than they must be by the folly of humankind.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter