Friday, April 15, 2005

 

Here is where I go for Balkans news...



It's strories like this that make it necessary to read Mario's Cyberspace Station regularly.Mario Profaca is a remarkable man and his website is as remarkable as he is. I'm sort of surprised other bloggers who discuss the Balkans don't mention him.
Just for the record, as soon as I figure out how to do a Blog-Roll, he's next after East Ethnia, SeeSaw is going to be next for having commented here early on.
To give an example of things made possible by this man's website, I watched the first three days of the bombing of Baghdad on his site, he had a link to a couple of live-cams in Baghdad, that is how it was possible to watch.
He covers things and just has a load of sources, without picking sides. He used to work at Slobodna Dalmacija, so I'm sure he has his leanings, but it doesn't stop him from putting EVERYONE in, regardless of his view of them. I guess he trusts people to make up their own damn minds, which is something I respect about Mario Profaca.That sort of approach is highly unusual and really very refreshing.

Comments:
Believe it or not, I did not know about this site. Thanks for the link.
 
Seesaw, ALWAYS glad to help! I have been going to this site since I first got online in 1998, and it is the best site, not just for Balkans!
Thanks for visiting! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter