Sunday, April 17, 2005

 

Best Places to Get Sick

Thanks MetaFilter! check this out, it should piss you off! I am learning how to push the paper in the medical industry, at least MY paper pushing will add efficiency! I can tell you from what I observed I'd rather be sick in Croatia or even Bosnia Hercegovina than in the gulag. The insurance here costs a bloody fortune, is not available through employment like it used to be and doesn't cover what it used to cover. Nobody wants to blame the real culprits, the insurance industry, the doctors and the pharmaceutical industry. Yes ordinary Americans are a bit too pill-happy BUT that isn't the only problem. The people in France are able to get their hands on a lot of pills, their system still costs way less than here in the States.
Doctors and Health Care workers in many countries are unionized and negotiate new contracts every few years. This is not a bad thing. It puts them in far closer touch with reality for their patients. I think it's a good thing.
I think nationalized health care would be good for the American economy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter